Are your days dull and lifeless? You do not have to live another “just average” day! It took me a long time to learn how to live happy, healthy, and blessed. Here is my secret to achieving optimal health and happiness. through a blessed life by keeping my mind, body, and soul healthy too.
Start living happy, healthy, and blessed by keeping your mind, body, and soul healthy! Mind, Body, Spirit means that your well-being comes not just physical health, but from mental and spiritual health as well. To be “healthy,” we must pay attention to all three aspects of our nature which are our mind, body, and spirit.
All three entities work together
-Your mind affects your body.
-Your mind affects your soul.
-Your body affects your mind
-Your body affects your soul.
-Your soul affects your body,,
-Your soul affects your mind.
Let’s look at some examples that we feel when one is not in balance with the other?
- A tension headache is an excellent example of your mind-affecting your body. You are stressed your body feels the stress.
- What about when you get the hiccups or indigestions because you feel anxious about something. Again it is your mind-affecting your body.
- What about when you get hives because of stress? It is the mind affecting the body.
- Why do you feel better after a brisk walk outdoors or a hike? It refreshes your body and mind.
- What about a hobby you love? Again it refreshes your mind and body.
- Have you noticed that when you don’t exercise, you feel depressed? That’s your body affecting your mind.
- Or how about when you overeat because you’re nervous? This is your mind-affecting your body.
- Remember that amazing feeling you had last time you went to a spa, had a massage, or practiced yoga…calm, happy, and even confident? That is your mind and your body and possibly even your spirit all working together to make you feel great.
- The same principle is at work for people who attend church: they feel good after services and feel “whole,” happy, and focused.
Our WELL BEING comes from our mind, body, and soul.
A healthy mind means good positive thinking. A healthy body means we are physically fit and free of diseases. A healthy soul means we are at peace, hopeful, and faithful. Our whole HEALTH comes from this trio.
At one time, when people talked about a healthy mind, body, and soul, they were thought of as free spirits like new age thinkers. But that is not true anymore. Professional athletes, successful business entrepreneurs, and even the medical professionals are practicing this healthy trio to living healthy, happy, and blessed, and you can too.
When I started researching this topic, I realized there is a lot to study, and I needed to start simple. For my mind, I focused on me. I realized being a mom of seven that if I did not take time for myself, someone else would take it for me.
To help my mind I needed a hobby. I began painting. Then I started this fantastic blog that gives me happiness and peace every day! I started exercising regularly to keep my body healthy. I then really got into cooking and eating nutritiously for myself and my family.
For my soul, I began reading the Bible daily and meditating on God’s word. I learned that if you take time with God every day you experience not only a healthy mind, body, and soul but a more joyous life.
GET GOING, AND DON’T LIVE ANOTHER DULL DAY! START WITH SIMPLE CHANGES IN YOUR LIFE MAKING YOURSELF AWARE THAT YOUR HEALTH AND HAPPINESS DEPEND ON THE SUPPORT OF YOUR MIND, BODY, AND SOUL. START LIVING HAPPY, HEALTHY, AND BLESSED TODAY!
“Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.” John 1:2
Click HERE and write in. You can send a testimonial, Q&A, or share a prayer with us. I would love to hear from you!